Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Flexibility Myth


    We seem to have this idea that in order to do yoga we must be flexible.  This simply is not true.  Flexibility comes as a result of doing yoga for those who were not flexible at the start of their yoga practice.
     I came to yoga very stiff and tight.  I could not even touch my toes! Gradually and with practice I gained flexibility.  I may never be able to touch my foot to the top of my head or sit in full lotus but it doesn't make me any less of a yogi.
      Be patient with yourself, be kind to yourself, and be content with where you are in your practice.  Everyone has a different body and everyones practice will look a little bit different.  Don't be afraid to start because you are not flexible.  Just keep practicing and it will come.





No comments:

Post a Comment