Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lesson One From The Mat to Our Lives: Breathe

 

      Practicing yoga has taught me how to truly breathe. Sure breathing is something we all do all the time but often we forget to breathe or we hold our breath.  We forget to breathe when life gets difficult. When we are holding a difficult pose, when we are nervous, anxious, or afraid.
      My practice has taught me how to breathe in life's difficult circumstances. Breathing on my mat while holding a challenging pose helps me breather better off of my mat and in life.  It has taught me how to be present in my body.
       I have learned that taking a few deep breaths will calm me down when I am feeling stressed or anxious.  It helps me to bring my attention inward. Focusing on my breath can slow my mind and help me feel centered when my mind is racing.  Don't we all want something to help slow our minds at times?  Practice yoga and practice breathing :)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment